Received a Notice of Seizure and Intended Forfeiture . How do I answer?

Asked about 2 years ago - Fort Worth, TX

Search Warrant executed by Narcotics Unit. No criminal case filed as of yet. Four people living at residence. Drugs found in "Common" area. Wasn't there when this happened but my vehicle was seized out of the garage

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Answered . You need an attorney to represent you at the Asset Forfeiture hearing to argue that there were not sufficient links between your vehicle and the drug operation for the government to retain your vehicle. Call criminal defense attorneys in Tarrant County to find out what their fees are like. I'm sure you will get some responses from some qualified attorneys here on Avvo. If not, feel free to contact my office for a referral.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  2. Answered . YOU should not personally answer this; you need to hire a lawyer. The state will use means including discovery questions and possibly depositions to get information that could be criminally harmful to you and / or others.

    Cynthia Henley

  3. Answered . You need to consult an attorney immediately. If you do not answer by the Monday next following the expiration of twenty days from the date you received the forfeiture petition, you could lose the car by default judgment. Call lawyers in your area who practice criminal law.

    This opinion is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,273 answers this week

3,757 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,273 answers this week

3,757 attorneys answering