Received a Notice of Seizure and Intended Forfeiture . How do I answer?

Fort Worth, TX |
Filed under: Civil rights

Search Warrant executed by Narcotics Unit. No criminal case filed as of yet. Four people living at residence. Drugs found in "Common" area. Wasn't there when this happened but my vehicle was seized out of the garage

1. You need an attorney to represent you at the Asset Forfeiture hearing to argue that there were not sufficient links between your vehicle and the drug operation for the government to retain your vehicle. Call criminal defense attorneys in Tarrant County to find out what their fees are like. I'm sure you will get some responses from some qualified attorneys here on Avvo. If not, feel free to contact my office for a referral.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. YOU should not personally answer this; you need to hire a lawyer. The state will use means including discovery questions and possibly depositions to get information that could be criminally harmful to you and / or others.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

3. You need to consult an attorney immediately. If you do not answer by the Monday next following the expiration of twenty days from the date you received the forfeiture petition, you could lose the car by default judgment. Call lawyers in your area who practice criminal law.

This opinion is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney in person.

Civil rights topics