Received a noise complaint in the mail

Asked almost 4 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

Today I received a fine in the mail for not having paid a noise violation ticket for having my radio too loud in my car. I never even received a noise violation in the mail and I was never pulled over by a cop. I don't see how its fair for me to now pay for a ticket and a fine on not paying a ticket, for a ticket that I never received. Any advice on how I could fight this?

1. Linda Medeiros Callahan

Pro

Answered . Contact the court that issued it and ask to contest the ticket (if it is not too late). You can also request information on how the court file says you were given notice of the violation.

If you can contest it, you should. An infraction like this should be served on the violator at the time of the violations because you might not have been driving the car--just because you won the car, doesn't mean you committed the violation.

This answer is my personal opinion, offered for informational purposes only. It is not a legal opinion, nor is it legal advice. My opinion does not create an attorney-client relationship with anyone reading it. Further, my opinion is that you should consult with an attorney who practices the type of law your question concerns, in the state where your question is at issue.