Received a Disorderly conduct memo as I called the cops to be beaten up by my husband

Asked 12 months ago - Ridgefield, CT

My husband picked up a quarrel last night and it turned out to be verbal abuse and then he started to hit me and squeeze my neck so I had to defend myself and pushed him aside and called the cops. When cops came home told them that this was a usual conversation and which ended up to be verbal abuse and physical fight. Gave a written statement about the same and insisted that i have been requesting him for marriage counseling from many months but he denies it. I just need a happy family and loving father for my 2 year old daughter. We are asked to meet in the court on monday at 10:00am. Iam an Indian and have no clue what is going to happen. Need advise.

No one was arrested and we still in the same house. We have been warned that if there is any fight within monday then any one will be arrested. My written statement is clear that i wanted him to refrain from using abuse language and physical fight. I have mentioned that i still intend to live with him. As per my understanding this should not be a very big issue however iam still confused what is going to happen tomorrow. I personally would be able to afford for a attorney. Iam completely dependent on him when it comes to financial matters.

1. Mark Daniel Colson

2

Answered . It's a little unclear who (one or both of you) was arrested here, but the prior answer is spot on - speak with an attorney as soon as possible and refrain from speaking to anyone else about this. If you are unable to afford an attorney, make an application for a public defender first thing when you get to the courthouse.

Good luck!

Attorney Mark D. Colson
    Colson Law Firm, LLC
    40 Russ Street
    Hartford, CT 06106
    860.263.0055 - Tel
    860.838.2822 - Fax
    mark@colsonlawfirm.com
    http://www.colsonlawfirm.com

2. Sol E. Mahoney

2

Answered . Both you and your spouse will need representation. 203 912 9141

3. Kathryn Mary Holton

1

Answered . Hire a criminal defense Attorney ASAP.