Received a Disorderly conduct memo as I called the cops to be beaten up by my husband

Asked 12 months ago - Ridgefield, CT

My husband picked up a quarrel last night and it turned out to be verbal abuse and then he started to hit me and squeeze my neck so I had to defend myself and pushed him aside and called the cops. When cops came home told them that this was a usual conversation and which ended up to be verbal abuse and physical fight. Gave a written statement about the same and insisted that i have been requesting him for marriage counseling from many months but he denies it. I just need a happy family and loving father for my 2 year old daughter. We are asked to meet in the court on monday at 10:00am. Iam an Indian and have no clue what is going to happen. Need advise.

Additional information

No one was arrested and we still in the same house. We have been warned that if there is any fight within monday then any one will be arrested. My written statement is clear that i wanted him to refrain from using abuse language and physical fight. I have mentioned that i still intend to live with him. As per my understanding this should not be a very big issue however iam still confused what is going to happen tomorrow. I personally would be able to afford for a attorney. Iam completely dependent on him when it comes to financial matters.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Mark Daniel Colson

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It's a little unclear who (one or both of you) was arrested here, but the prior answer is spot on - speak with an attorney as soon as possible and refrain from speaking to anyone else about this. If you are unable to afford an attorney, make an application for a public defender first thing when you get to the courthouse.

    Good luck!

    Attorney Mark D. Colson
    Colson Law Firm, LLC
    40 Russ Street
    Hartford, CT 06106
    860.263.0055 - Tel
    860.838.2822 - Fax

  2. Sol E. Mahoney

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Both you and your spouse will need representation. 203 912 9141

  3. Kathryn Mary Holton

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Hire a criminal defense Attorney ASAP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,455 answers this week

3,029 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,455 answers this week

3,029 attorneys answering