Skip to main content

Received a camera speeding ticket in the mail from AZ. Will they serve me if I live out of state?

Sierra Vista, AZ |

Will Arizona serve me for a speeding ticket via a service or certified mail? Live in MD

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Most Likely not. How do you know if you got the ticket if you have not been served?

Feel free to contact us for a consultation. Iannelli & Associates, 949 729-3171 This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationship is created. Every case has many facts which are different and distinctly theirs, make sure that you understand this is general information and it would be advisable to constact a competent lawyer for personal legal advice.



I received the ticket via mail. But it wasn't certified so AZ doesn't have any proof I received it. The fine is outrageous, almost $300 with 3 points for going 46 in a 35. I really can't afford the fine or the points. I've read on-line that if you live out of state they most likely won't serve you, therefore the ticket goes away after 120 days. I just can't get any confirmation of this and the clock is ticking for me to decide what to do. I am very grateful for any and all advice. Thanks!



The ticket was a photo radar ticket (I was in a rental car)


The mail is the service . You must deal with it . Get an AZ attorney.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer