Received traffic citation, was given a contested hearing date , court was closed

Asked about 2 years ago - Silverdale, WA

I appeared as directed to contest a Traffic Citation at the correct time ,location date and place . There was no court in session . I was charged for FTA and license was suspended What can I do. I cannot hire attorney I have no money

1. Sarah Lynn White

4

Answered . Call the court clerk and have your case set on calendar. If you have something with the date written on it bring it to court with you. You may have a great defense for the FTA.

2. Mark C Blair

Pro

2

Answered . I would advise you to appear at the clerk's window of the court in question and show them the paperwork you received indicating the time and date for your hearing and then ask that the FTA be removed and your case reset for a contested hearing.

3. Jon Michael Zimmerman

2

Answered . Consider calling the clerk and attempt to either have the FTA removed or have your case set for a good cause hearing. At this hearing, bring the documents you describe.