Skip to main content

Received traffic citation, was given a contested hearing date , court was closed

Silverdale, WA |
Filed under: Traffic court

I appeared as directed to contest a Traffic Citation at the correct time ,location date and place . There was no court in session . I was charged for FTA and license was suspended What can I do. I cannot hire attorney I have no money

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Call the court clerk and have your case set on calendar. If you have something with the date written on it bring it to court with you. You may have a great defense for the FTA.

    The information provided is not intended as legal advice and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If you are in the greater Sacramento area and wish a further consultation please contact me at (916)594-9442.

  2. I would advise you to appear at the clerk's window of the court in question and show them the paperwork you received indicating the time and date for your hearing and then ask that the FTA be removed and your case reset for a contested hearing.

  3. Consider calling the clerk and attempt to either have the FTA removed or have your case set for a good cause hearing. At this hearing, bring the documents you describe.

    This answer is given merely for informational purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice, contact an attorney in your state to see if working together makes sense.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics