Skip to main content

Recapture of time on L1B and Green card on L1B

Wheeling, IL |

My employer filed for my H1B'2014 (RP/RQ/CSC), but i haven’t heard anything yet. I’m currently on L1. My initial L1 petition was approved in March’2009, but i first came to US in Aug’2009 and been here since then. Now my current L1 petition will expire on March’14. H1B was my only hope to continue my stay in US but as i'm losing hope on H1B this year, hence i’m looking for plan B, i have few questions, - a. Can my employer file green card on L1B (individual) visa? and then they can file my H1B again next year? b. Can i recapture the time i spend outside US on L1 (basically time from March 2009 thru July 2009)? Thanks in advance!

Attorney Answers 3

  1. a. Yes
    b. Yes

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. Yes as to both questions.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. Yes.


    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics