Rebuttal/Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID)

Louisville, KY |
Filed under: Immigration

I received a NOID recently. Now I need to send a rebuttal. The reason mentioned for the NOID does not sound like a strong reason to me. I believe I had a strong case and still do. I filed asylum because of past persecution and fearful of future persecution by some group because of my affiliation to a political group if returned to home country. I don't know how to do the rebuttal & I need a lawyer in Chicago.

You can search here or on for a chicago based lawyer. Try to find one that does alot of asylum work.

There are many excellent asylum lawyers in the greater Chicago area. Just Google them.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration