Rebuilt salvage title: air bags didn't deploy during accident. Car was repaired for inspection, air bags were not reconnected.

Kingsville, OH |

My daughter bought her car at a used car dealership.. She rear-ended a vehicle the first month of ownership. Her insurance paid her the total value of the car which left her with an outstanding balance. She called the dealership and explained what happened. The owner requested she give the insurance check directly to him and he would contact her insurance agency to obtain the car and repair it for her. He assured her that everything would be as it was before the accident and she would continue to pay her monthly payment. Six months later another accident due to road conditions. She hit a guard rail, spun around and was hit head-on by another vehicle. The air bags didn't deploy. My mechanic checked the car and found that the air bags had not been reconnected after the first accident

1. Was your daughter hurt? if so, you need a personal injury attorney to protect her rights. If she was not hurt, I doubt an attorney will help you with this one.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. This is a major issue. Not sure what your question is though. If the failure of the airbags to deploy was a factor in the injuries to your daughter then you need to hire an attorney immediately to begin investigating. The repair shop, if in fact did not reconnect the airbags, is going to have exposure to liability.

This communication offers general information based on the very limited information provided, and does not constitute the giving of legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship.

3. More information is needed. My office handles auto fraud cases throughout Ohio, as well as personal injury matters. You are welcome to contact my office for a free confidential consultation.

All the best to your family.

NOTE: This Answer does not constitute legal advice. Every case is fact specific. To render a legal opinion, an attorney must engage in a consultation with a prospective client and review any pertinent documents. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Amy L. Wells or WELLS LAW OFFICE, INC.

4. There should be local personal injury attorneys who specialize in airbag cases. Those cases require an airbag not deploying that should have and injuries that would not have occurred if the airbag had deployed. Call a local attorney immediately. The attorney will have to examine this from both the airbag standpoint and from the standpoint of who is liable for the accident itself. An immediate thorough investigation and preservation of evidence requires you call a local lawyer ASAP!!!

5. Call a local car accident attorney in your area. Airbag cases require a injury commonly associated with the failure to deploy, hence had it deployed, you would not have that injury. Commonly these are facial scaring or disfigurement and brain injuries. Call a local car accident attorney.

6. A tiny handful of attorneys handle these defective air bag cases, so you can google defective air bad lawyer, or contact one the lawyers in your state who answered above to investigate.