Skip to main content

Rear ended in traffic

Hilliard, OH |

I was in complete stop in 270W when a F150 truck (independent contractor for Time Warner) rear-ended me, causing my car to jerk and move forward hitting the car in front of me. We exchanged info and police came to take police report. My car has significant body damage and tonight my upper,lower back and my neck are sore. Do I need a lawyer to represent me ?

Attorney Answers 3


You should first go to the urgent care and/or some other medical facility or family doctor to ensure that there are no latent injuries. Whether you need an attorney at this point or not is difficult to know. It depends on the insurance carriers involved, the nature of injuries, whether or not you have health insurance, whether or not liability is accepted, etc. . . I would recommend seeking a free consultation with an attorney to ensure that you are on the right path and then once you are well informed of the potential "pitfalls" you can decide whether or not you would be better served through the help of an attorney.

Mark as helpful


The first thing you should do, if you have not done so already, is go to the emergency room and have your medical condition evaluated and make a record of the fact that you are having pains and problems. You should then follow up with your regular doctor or any specialist which the emergency physicians may refer you to.

After seeking medical help, I suggest that you contact a local personal injury attorney and take advantage of their offer of a free consultation. This will help you evaluate whether or not you will benefit from legal representation. Often times what first appears to be minor injuries, develop into major problems and you may well need legal representation.

I also suggest that you review the Legal Guides I have published on, many of which deal with the circumstances you are now encountering There is also a Legal Guide which will help you understand the types of damages to which you may be entitled.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


Most likely. I would be more than happy to discuss your legal options with you. I am a personal injury attorney in Ohio. Feel free to call me at 740-353-2363 to discuss how you can protect your rights.

Jeremy Burnside

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics