Skip to main content

Reapplying for F1 visa

Saint James, NY |

I completed my masters and have an admit for a phd. I have come back home for a semester break and will be going back in august to start my phd. My first F1 visa is still valid and will expire in 2012. After completing my masters i applied for my opt extension but cancelled my opt in one month and came home. Since i will be chaning universities and my phd would take more than 2 years to complete can i reapply for a F1 visa with my new i20?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should contact an attorney as soon as you are able to discuss your specific case and allow for a review of your documents.

Law Office of Guerline L. Laurore, P.C.
Phone: (814) 260-0163
Fax: (814) 260-0093
I think therefore I am, I am therefore God is. Descartes

DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an Attorney-Client relationship unless you have retained this office for legal representation


This is a complicated legal question, requiring more specifics. In addition, you may have other options due to your advanced degree. I agree with the above you should contact a licensed immigration attorney. Please feel free to contact me and I will give you a free consultation regarding your legal issues.
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global, PLLC.
716 830 7960

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer