Reapply or appeal of EB1A?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Palo Alto, CA

I have applied for EB1A and got denied for some strange reason. Even my lawyer got shocked because I had a lot of evidences. Now I have 2 options: One is to appeal the case and the second is to reapply based on the new documents that I have gathered. Since I need to have green card before July to start a position, which one would be the fastest and safest way. I have also applied for EB2-NIW but it takes several months. As I mentioned since I have time issues, do you think starting a new premium EB1A would help? I heard that appealing a case will take more than 6 months. Thank a lot for all your kind helps.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . In situations such as this, it is almost always better to file a new I-140. In doing so, however, make sure that the same mistakes are not repeated and that all issues are properly addressed this time.

Appealing to the AAU takes about a year and a half to adjudicate and in 4 cases out of 5 the AAU sides with the government.

By filing a new I-140, you will also have a new officer look and analyze the petition, and it's often an officer who does not have the same bias or prejudices as the first one..

2. Christian Schmidt

5

Answered . A new I-140 would probably the fastest. Reliable advice requires a review of the case. You should turn to your lawyer or seek new counsel.

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . This is something you need to discuss with your lawyer.

4. Mercy Josepha Sequeira

3

Answered . I would refile the case with all the evidence. If time is of the essence you may get a response. Appeals take a long time. I have successfully refiled EB 1 cases and have procured approvals.