Skip to main content

Really need help with my workers comp

Flushing, NY |

I'm 23 years old female and three years ago I got a back injury at my job. Last year I re injured it and again this year. I can't bend our lift our stand for a long time which is what my job is. I went to a doctor that my job sent me to and they tell me I can't work. But then the insurance sends me to another doctor saying I could work. I did a MRI and and the doctor told me i have a herniated disk on my L5-S1 and a cyst as well as sciatica because the pain travels to my legs. I don't know what to do at this point because I can't go back to my job and looking for another job they each want you to be able to lift up to 50 pounds stand and bend which I can't. I went to my doctors office last Friday and he put me at 100 percent disabled. What can i do??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You are in luck. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool, and you can search for a local Flushing workers compensation lawyer who can investigate this.


You really do. The best way to get help is to hire an experienced Workers' Compensation attorney. As Mr. Lassen suggests, you can find one right here.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:


You need an attorney working with you The Ins co will always be able to find a doctor to support what they want so have an attorney protecting your interest

Nance L Schick

Nance L Schick


Your blanket statement about insurance companies and doctors they hire to conduct examinations is not true. Please be responsible with what you post here, as it affects the general public's confidence in the legal process. There are certainly unscrupulous and unethical doctors, claims representatives, attorneys, judges, and others in the system, but they are in the small minority. The majority of us honor our oaths and ethical responsibilities. Nevertheless, the system can be very complicated and a good attorney would assist this claimant by: a) explaining the process, b) keeping her informed on the status of her case, c) correcting errors made by anyone in the process (since we're all human and err at times), d) negotiating compromises where there are differences in opinions regarding treatment, disability or claim value, e) etc. Please understand that because no one but you experiences your body and how it functions in your life after an injury, it takes a while to understand what is going on and how to address it. When questions are asked or second opinions are conducted, it is primarily because we're trying to make good decisions for everyone involved. When we trust and participate in the process, we usually get pretty close to a fair result. Good luck!


The other writers are correct find a good local attorney. You have many issues that they can help you with both in the short and long term.

Please remember the answer to this question is in general and without knowledge to the specific facts of your case. You should not rely on this answer when making important life decisions and seek a legal opinion based on your particular facts and circumstances.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer