Skip to main content

Real Estate Question

Katy, TX |

I bought new home. Based on purchase contract some items that is supposed to stay along with the home. But the seller took away those items when he left. It will cost me $2500 to replace that items. What Can I do now ?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You probably have to make a formal demand and if they are not returned, sue for breach of contract. If you are going to have an attorney represent you in the suit, best to have the same attorney prepare the demand letter to preserve a claim for attorney fees reimbursement.

    If this response was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. The response provided herein is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice, nor does it establish or intend to establish an attorney-client relationship. You should always speak with a licensed attorney regarding your legal rights before taking or not taking any particular action.

  2. You can also do this yourself by writing a demand letter, sending it by certified may, and if seller fails to return items, you can sue in small claims court.

  3. I agree with my colleagues, first write a letter and send by certified mail / return receipt requested in which you demand the return of the items listed in the contract. If the seller does not comply, sue them in small claims court.

    I am not a TX attorney, laws vary from state to state, therefore you should always consult a local attorney.

    If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics