REAL ESTATE POSSESSION AT CLOSING???

Asked about 3 years ago - Myrtle Beach, SC

IN SC WHAT EXACTLY ARE THE RULES/LAWS ON POSSESSION AT A REAL ESTATE CLOSING. I AM SIGNING MY PAPERS AT 4PM ON THE 14TH AND THE SELLERS ARE SIGNING AT 4PM ON THE 15TH (WHICH IS OUR CONTRACTED CLOSING DATE). ALL MONEY/FUNDING WILL BE IN HAND ON THE 14TH TO MY ATTORNEY. BUT I AM BEING TOLD I WILL NOT BE ALLOWED KEYS OR ACCESS TO THE NEW HOUSE UNTIL SOMETIME ON THURSDAY POSSIBLY? I DONT GET IT. IF MY REAL ESTATE CONTRACT STATES POSSESSION ON OR BY JUNE 15TH AND I HAVE SIGNED PAPERS AND BROUGHT ALL MONEIES WITH NO ISSUES ON THE 14TH WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH GETTING IT RECORDED ON WED OR AT LEAST 1ST THING THURSDAY MORNING?

1. Alexandria Broughton Skinner

Pro

Answered . It sounds like the sale will not be completed, and they won't get your money, until after they sign on the 15th. Just because you delivered the money to your attorney a day early does not mean that the sale is complete.

2. Daniel Albert Selwa II

Answered . I would agree with the previous attorney's opinion. Until the deed is signed by the other party the transaction has not been completed.