Real estate buyer buys house without terminating buyer seller agreement, does the agent still get comission.

Asked 9 months ago - Houston, TX

I am a real estate agent, and without my knowledge my client went to see a house and bought it. They refuse to give me comission even though I showed them 3 - 4 houses before. I was busy that weekend and could not show them the house. Am I still entitled to any comission? I have tried contacting them through a lawyer, but they refuse to give me any compensation. Do I have a case?

1. Matthew Blake Schultz

5

Answered . Have you asked your broker for guidance? Consult with a qualified real estate attorney and provide them with ALL relevant facts and documents to determine if this is worth pursuing.

2. Stephen Neil Foster

4

Answered . Generally speaking, it would depend upon the contract that you had with them. If there was no contract then you are likely out of luck. If there was a contract, the answer would likely be in there. I am both an attorney and a licensed real estate agent in the State of Texas.

If you have any questions, let me know. I can probably take a look at your contract with the clients and tell you if you have no case, a solid case or something in the middle.

3. Robert Neil Newton

Pro

4

Answered . It depends on the language in the buyer's rep agreement, if there was one. If you did not have a buyer's rep agreement, then you are out of luck.