Real estate attorney

Asked over 1 year ago - Glen Burnie, MD

I have recently made a offer to a property and it was other making the offer and because because my offer was lower they rejected my offer but i asked my real estate agent that i want to counter offer a much higher price but agent said i cannot do it and that it has to do with new laws and eventually i have bought a different house. It is what the agent said was true?

1. David Raymond Mahood

Pro

2

Answered . If the seller rejected your offer because it was too low, then you had the right to make another offer which was higher. But if the seller had already accepted another offer because your offer was not high enough, then the sales process is concluded and done. It is not really clear what you are asking, but these are a couple of possible scenarios.

2. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

2

Answered . My colleague is correct. Many times, there are multiple offers for one property. If your offer was rejected because it was too low and the seller already accepted another offer, then the process is done.