Real estate attorney

Glen Burnie, MD |

I have recently made a offer to a property and it was other making the offer and because because my offer was lower they rejected my offer but i asked my real estate agent that i want to counter offer a much higher price but agent said i cannot do it and that it has to do with new laws and eventually i have bought a different house. It is what the agent said was true?

1. If the seller rejected your offer because it was too low, then you had the right to make another offer which was higher. But if the seller had already accepted another offer because your offer was not high enough, then the sales process is concluded and done. It is not really clear what you are asking, but these are a couple of possible scenarios.

This is NOT legal advice, is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, does NOT establish Attorney/Client Relationship because you have not retained me and because you have not provided me with a COMPLETE set of all the FACTS in your legal situation. Therefore my answer cannot address your specific legal situation and you should not rely upon my answer in your legal matter. This answer is merely provided to assist you in beginning your own research or in finding an attorney to represent you. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland and California. A Consultation, Retainer and a fully signed and dated Legal Services Agreement (a contract) will be required if you would like to obtain my representation. Office: (410) 381-1656. David Mahood, Esq.

2. My colleague is correct. Many times, there are multiple offers for one property. If your offer was rejected because it was too low and the seller already accepted another offer, then the process is done.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.