Readmission to US after Deportation on basis of Marriage

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

my husband is being deported and will probably get the 10 year bar- can i apply for him to come back to the US to be with me (us citizen) and our children (both US citizens)- at any time after or even before the 10 years? he also has an felony charge from 2006

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

1

Answered . need to know why he is being deported and need to know more about the 2006 felony. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss the facts of your husband's case.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

Answered . It is possible but it all depends on the reason for his deportation, what kind of felony and if he was convicted.

3. Inara Khashmati

Pro

Answered . What is the reason for his deportation? His conviction? When you say felony what exactly was he convicted for? Speak to an attorney in person. Good Luck!

4. Matthew L. Kolken

Pro

Answered . There is a permanent waiver available that cures certain criminal grounds of inadmissibility. You must establish that it will cause you an extreme hardship if he is not permitted to return to the United States. Certain crimes are not waivable, however, which is the reason many have been vague in their answers. Moreover, if your husband is deported he will also need to obtain permission to reapply for admission after deportation.

That being said, depending on the facts of the case, it may be possible to prevent your husband's deportation altogether by applying for a waiver pursuant to an application for adjustment of status ("Green Card") while he remains inside the United States.

You are going to need to speak to a lawyer that is experienced in deportation defense and criminal grounds of removal,

Matthew L. Kolken, Esq.
    Kolken & Kolken
    135 Delaware Ave., Suite 101
    Buffalo, New York 14202
    (716) 854-1541 Phone
    (716) 854-6223 Fax
    Email: mkolken@kolkenlaw.com
    Blog: http://blogs.ilw.com/deportationandremoval

5. Stephen D. Berman

Answered . Yes, he can apply for a nonimmigrant visa waiver, to come to the U.S. on a visit.