Re-entry permit renewal

Leonia, NJ |

I currently obtain a re-entry permit that expires in November 2014. I have currently found a new 1year contract job in Korea. I will not be able to return to the US in November; however I am planning on going to visit my parents this April. Is it possible for me to renew my re-entry permit in April instead of November? I will be returning to the US for good after my 1 year contract, which ends in May 2015. What are my options? Please help! Thank You!

1. I think your options are limited:
    You may not legally renew any valid Re Entry Permit I-131 while it is still valid in April.
    Also, this I-131 cannot be renewed expediciously as it takes about three months to process,
    Furthermore, one must be present in the United States to clear the scheduled biometrics before its renewal issuance by the Service as such renewal cannot be legally copmpleted by remnaining abroad for any reason.
    PS. Duplicate answers do not result in a different analysis of the same issue.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois