Re-entry permit for 9 years old son .

San Diego, CA |

Hi,
My son have been living with my ex-wife in my country for almost a year.
She will bring my son come back to the U.S and apply re-entry permit for him.
She will staying in the U.S a round 3 or 4 weeks. I've concerned that she has not enough time for finishing process.
Is there any way to apply re-entry permit with the time around a month?
Can I apply re-entry permit for my son when he is staying out side the U.S?
Will he need to take a finger print for his reentry permit?
Thanks

1. There is not enough information in your question to give an answer. Does your son have a green card? What is your status? What is your ex-wife's status?

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

2. He must be inside the US when he applies for a Re-Entry Permit. He is too young to have to take fingerprints.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Reentry permits can only be applied for while the person is in the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.