Re-entry permit for 9 years old son .

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

My son have been living with my ex-wife in my country for almost a year.
She will bring my son come back to the U.S and apply re-entry permit for him.
She will staying in the U.S a round 3 or 4 weeks. I've concerned that she has not enough time for finishing process.
Is there any way to apply re-entry permit with the time around a month?
Can I apply re-entry permit for my son when he is staying out side the U.S?
Will he need to take a finger print for his reentry permit?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He must be inside the US when he applies for a Re-Entry Permit. He is too young to have to take fingerprints.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is not enough information in your question to give an answer. Does your son have a green card? What is your status? What is your ex-wife's status?

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Reentry permits can only be applied for while the person is in the US.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,217 answers this week

3,077 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,217 answers this week

3,077 attorneys answering