Re-entry permit & missed biometrics

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

Hello,

I had applied for for a re-entry permit but had to leave the country before receiving the biometrics appointment letter. I will be returning in less than 3 months for good, so I am hoping that I will be fine. I was planning to cancel my application via writing.

*This is the problem - apparently the biometrics appointment was set for 3 days after my departure. And I missed it before I could reschedule or cancel my application in writing. I assume that this will lead to a rejection of my application. Will the fact that I abandoned my re-entry permit application (or that it was rejected) show up at the immigration officer's computer when I return to the US and cause any further problems?

For now, I have instructed my relative back home to reschedule the appointment.

Thank you.

I understand that my rescheduling request will be denied because the date has already passed... but I am guessing that having my relative re-send the letter with the re-schedule request is still better than doing nothing?

Also - for the sake of clarification: I am a green card holder.

1. Cindy Medina

1

1

Answered . As long as you have a valid visa you should not have a problem entering the US. But since you left prior to receiving the approval of your I-131, the petition that was the basis for the I-131 a(adjustment of status or change of status) will be considered abandoned and you will have to start that process over again and pay the applicable filing fees again as well.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . You will have no problem upon reentry to the US. Don't worry so much over almost nothing!

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

1

1

Answered . You are fine.