Re applying for student visa(F1)

Asked about 3 years ago - Lawton, OK

I came to US almost 6 years ago, My student visa (f1) expired a year ago. Currently I am going to graduate school. I want to go back home and reapply for student visa. My problem was I was caught selling alcohol (misdemenor A)to minor 1 year ago( I didnot have work permit) How much it
going effect on visa processing. Do I need consult with immigration lawyer!!! Thank you

1. Richard Andrew Constantino Alton

1

1

Answered . To answer your last question, yes you should speak to a qualified immigration attorney in your area that you can sit down with and have her review all your documentation. Strangely depending on the laws in your jurisdicition, what will probably cause you the most issues is not so much the misdemeanor selling alcohol to a minor but the working aspect which will most likely come to surface when you reapply. You violated your status in doing so, and the ability of reapplying for the same will be difficult, hence the meeting with a qualified immigraiton attorney in your area.

2. C. C. Abbott

Answered . You need to have an experienced immigration law who is aware of the criminal laws in OK review your case and provide a legal opinion as to your options. You are correct to be concerned about the effects of this charge (conviction?) as to your immigration options including your ability to gain entry at a port of entry if you leave and attempt to return. Also, the fact you working without proper authorization can also go to moral character as the selling of the alcohol it is a underlying requirement of the criminal charge you received. Good luck.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You really need retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and the documents pertaining to the conviction and advise you accordingly.