Re. question answered by Golnar Sargeant Let me clarify below

Asked about 1 year ago - Portland, OR

I know what rules they are accusing me of breaking. I want to know how the same people accusing me can be the ones running the hearing for me to answer to the charges. I mean is it just 'bad luck" for me? the payment of the small fine isn't the issue can they obtain a lien even if I pay the fine every time the get a hair up their posteriors to harass me?

1. Jeffrey S Siefman

1

Answered . Your question lacks specificity. Who is accusing you of what? Who is giving you a fine? For what? How is someone to answer this question? Also this Golnar individual appears to be a CA attorney. I'd be weary of taking advice from lawyers unfamiliar with the law of Oregon.

2. Troy Austin Pickard

1

Answered . I agree - don't take a California lawyer's advice on an Oregon issue, and vice-versa.

Troy Pickard
    Portland Defender
    1001 Southwest 5th Avenue #1100
    Portland, OR 97204
    (503) 592-0606
    www.portlandcriminalattorneyor.com

AVVO 10.0/10.0 perfect rating
    One of Portland's top criminal defense lawyers

3. Joshua Pond

Answered . I agree with my colleagues here, but there is one thing I'd like to add. I don't care what sort of hearing it is, if you have liberty interests on the line, which I assume you do since this is a criminal law question, then there is no hearing I know of where an attorney can't move to have an impartial fact finder handle the hearing. The worst example is the probation department, who seems able to sanction you willy nilly, but even here there are ways to get something called a Morrissey Hearing in front of an impartial administrative judge. So, my point is, yeah, there are almost certainly means though which you can get someone impartial to hear the matter and, if that fails, there are often remedies. An experienced attorney will need to step up to this plate for you, though, as it's likely not going to be complicated.