RE: MN DPS B license Restriction removal. What does DPS mean by "no reference to alcohol consumption" in it's background check?

Champlin, MN |

How extensive is the background check by DPS for B license restriction removal? Is DPS only looking for "charges" or "convictions" as documentation?
I had a domestic incident where I was a victim, but I had consumed wine as well. I don't know if that is mentioned in a police report or not. Since I received a B license in 99, and this incident occurred in 2006, technically wouldn't I be alerting DPS to a B license violation and setting myself up for suspension?

If they find the consumption of alc. by you in a police report, then they will cancel your DL as you suggested AND of course you will not be able to get the b-card restriction removed. So, you MAY want to get your own copy of the Police report yourself before you apply to have the Restriction removed, so you can see what it says, then act accordingly...

www.KellerLawOffices.com

There is a saying that dates back to at least Roman times:

Let sleeping dogs lie.

You could check with a Minnesota DUI/DWI lawyer if you feel compelled.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin http://addbalance.com Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police: http://addbalance.com/police.htm

DUI topics