Re: Insurance Fraud- California

Westwood, CA |

I wrote to CA Insurance Commisioner about filing a complaint against an insurance co. But was told policy was bought in New Jersey and company is in Maine- So I would have to contact Maine. In mean time Private Disability insurance contacted Insurance Commissioner in CA. And had me investigated. They claim documents NOT medical records were to be signed by surgeon not his staff (Unable to work notes& medical report) that went faxed with medical records. My doctor claims noone ever signed anything however I have copies of prescriptions which I could not afford to fill (over 15) showing different signatures from his staff. I have found out doctor has faced 15 felony counts from kidnaping to changing court documents. A public defender has been assigned but should I look for Pro Bono help?

The Dr. Has been depo'd as to my injuries several yrs ago for 4 hrs stating 4 operations done and 2 more needed and spine op needed in yrs to come..Will I need this depo?? I have 400 pages of it. Thank You!!

No one here can reliably answer such highly specific fact-based questions without having a thorough grasp of the issues and allegations of your matter. None of your questions have "right" answers apart from the context in which these questions arise. You will need to consult with a skilled and experienced attorney who can take the time to review your documents and exhibits and to ask all of the necessary questions.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

To add to my colleague's response, you already have pro bono help with the free public defender, and it's unlike you can find a private criminal defense lawyer to represent you in an complicated insurance fraud case for free.

Apparently you're being prosecuted for fraud regarding your disability insurance, and I don't see what unfilled prescriptions signed by staff (which seems a highly unlikely situation, since only a licensed doctor can sign a prescription) have to do with what you've apparently been alleged to have done.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Thank You-

Whether you find a pro-bono criminal defense attorney (doubtful) or rely on the public defender, make sure you show him or her all your information, and let them decide what they need. It is critical that you are honest with your defense attorney.

Thank you- It's a difficult situation especially when doctor involved states noone in his office signs anything nor he will not fax any insurance co. Nor does he use computers! He has faced 15 felony counts in past and the Insurance co. Has done this to thousand of clients- It's all over the internet and Nightline covered this Insurance co. Several yrs ago- I read as accusing people of fraud. Harder when taking care of parent who has Cancer and has noone else. Again Thabk You!

Insurance fraud topics