Skip to main content

Re: Green Card I have a relative who got her green card approx 10 years ago along with her family.

Akron, OH |
Filed under: Green cards

she and her father decided to stay back home for her to complete her schooling. They traveled every 6-7 months to the US and she just recently entered the US permenantly. Basically she and her father have been living abroad for 10 years (she was a student and never filed tax paperwork) her father was a full time employee should this be reported to the US govt. for possible misrepresentation/fraud?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. there is no fraud in the fact pattern you discussed and you would be best advised to mind your own business.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. There is no indication of misrepresentation or fraud in the fact pattern you published.


    Robert Brown LLC
    1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113

  3. No fraud to report.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics