Re "false accusation", who has the burden of proof?

Syosset, NY |

If someone sue another person regarding false accusation, is it the plaintiff's burden to proof he didn't do that, or is it the defendant's burden to proof the plaintiff did do that?

1. Your question is quite confusing, but the burden is on the plaintiff to prove the tort and the damages.

I do NOT know you. I am NOT your lawyer. This answer is provided for the general public who may have similar queries. The answer provided is NOT definitive. I do NOT know all of the facts of your case and NO attorney-client relationship is established. Please do not use my answer to tell your lawyer what to do. Free advise is worth exactly what you are paying. Trust the lawyer who is charging you for his/her time and expertise. If you can no longer trust your lawyer, then hire someone else. I am always interested in new clients and business opportunities and would welcome your call or email to discuss matters further. For more information, please feel free to visit my website or schedule an appointment.

2. The burden of proof is on the Plaintiff to establish all the elements of their case. That being said, the truth is an absolute defense and accordingly the defendant may very well set out to prove their statement true. Remember, if the statement was made in the form of an opinion, you may have no cause of action at all.

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client relationship. www.PatchogueAttorney.com You should not rely upon free legal advice and I disclaim any liability for the results if you do.