Re: Class Action Against TX for willful negligence by incorporating impotent math course!

Irving, TX |

I thank you all for your valuable input and opinions. However, I wonder relative to inter governmental immunity, etc. are you looking at a potential for victory in a very narrow spectrum. Sometimes, victory can be achieved not by consummate squashing but by incapacitating quasi-government entities from approaching the public trough for debt financing to attain financial resources, i.e. by asserting constitutional challenge to its bonding authority particularly if there is a perceived cause of action, as I feel exists here. Do you not believe that to be a method in bringing adversaries to the table of negotiation?

1. No, what you propose is not a reasonable way to get a governmental entity to negotiate. It sounds more like bringing a strike suit in hopes that the defendant will settle rather than defend the case on the merits. Ethical lawyers don't do that.

Legal Information is Not Legal Advice My answer provides information about the law based on the limited information provided in the questions asked and is not intended to provide legal advice or opinions, and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. The answer to the question is for educational and informational purposes only. The law differs in each jurisdiction and may be interpreted or applied differently depending on the jurisdiction or situation. Accordingly, I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss the details of your problem so you can get legal advice tailored to your particular circumstances.

2. All governmental units have attorneys on staff who handle cases like this. Suing them is unlikely to make them negotiate.

3. I agree with the other lawyers that your proposed course of action would not, with any degree of likelihood, be successful. Your question addresses in simple terms a class action regarding an impotent math course. I believe that I would need a great deal more information from you before I would be able to even consider whether a class action is the proper vehicle to achieve what you want. Good luck.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

4. If you have the money, you can retain a local school lawyer to champion your cause. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Class action topics