RE : IN HOUSE DEBT COLLECTOR MAKING FALSE MISLEADING STATEMENT TO garnish/lien/levy IN THE STATE OF OHIO.

Asked almost 2 years ago - 44077

CAN AN INHOUSE DEBT COLLECTOR ( FROM DISCOVER) MAKE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT LEGALLY TO A OHIO RESIDENT, IF NOT, WHICH OHIO STATE or FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS SUCH BEHAVIOR: REP STATED : if DEBTOR settles an account without dealing with Discover directly himself, she (Discover) will still have the power to garnish/lien/levy for the balance not re-couped by Discover in the settlement.

THE ACCOUNT IS AN INHOUSE ACCOUNT.....,SUBSEQUENTLY I DON'T BELIEVE THE REP IS GOVERNED BY THE FDCPA .......

1. Michael J Corbin

2

Answered . You are correct that the FDCPA does not apply to employees of the original creditor (Discover). But, I'm also not clear what you believe is misleading about what was said - I read what was said as meaning that if you negotiate some kind of deal down the line, Discover expects to be paid in full.

2. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Corbin, what part of the statement is misleading? It sounds as though they are referring to utilizing legal tools available, beginning with a lawsuit and culminating with various judgment enforcement methods.