RE : IN HOUSE DEBT COLLECTOR MAKING FALSE MISLEADING STATEMENT TO garnish/lien/levy IN THE STATE OF OHIO.

44077 |

CAN AN INHOUSE DEBT COLLECTOR ( FROM DISCOVER) MAKE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT LEGALLY TO A OHIO RESIDENT, IF NOT, WHICH OHIO STATE or FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS SUCH BEHAVIOR: REP STATED : if DEBTOR settles an account without dealing with Discover directly himself, she (Discover) will still have the power to garnish/lien/levy for the balance not re-couped by Discover in the settlement.

THE ACCOUNT IS AN INHOUSE ACCOUNT.....,SUBSEQUENTLY I DON'T BELIEVE THE REP IS GOVERNED BY THE FDCPA .......

1. You are correct that the FDCPA does not apply to employees of the original creditor (Discover). But, I'm also not clear what you believe is misleading about what was said - I read what was said as meaning that if you negotiate some kind of deal down the line, Discover expects to be paid in full.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

2. I agree with Mr. Corbin, what part of the statement is misleading? It sounds as though they are referring to utilizing legal tools available, beginning with a lawsuit and culminating with various judgment enforcement methods.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold www.EGoldLaw.com Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con