Ramifications of moving out of state (WA 2 CA) and leaving 17 yr.old daughter alone, but financially taken care of?

San Marcos, CA |

Some relatives are within 5-30 mi., but mother not in picture. Son doesnt seem to want to let relatives know he's moving to CA. Girl is Senior in HS, drives own car, has had accident b4, smokes pot, goes alone to Seattle to raves, probably drinks. Has put her pic online with nothing but pasties and panties in past. Help me get through to my son what a bad idea this move is. Even if son let's relatives know, what can happen, possibly? Worst case scenario to best, please.

1. Your son is legally responsible for his daughter. Sounds like a terrible risk to leave this particular child home alone.
    As a grandparent, you could file a guardianship to care for her until she completes High School.
    Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship

Child custody topics