Raising wage after minimum wage increase.

Portland, OR |

My state recently increased its minimum wage by $0.15 an hour. My pay is $10 an hour, but it was not increased after the statewide change. Is my employer obligated to increase my pay rate if minimum wage has increased?

1. In Oregon, minimum wage sets the lowest hourly rate of pay an employer may pay an employee. Any rate of pay above minimum wage is by agreement. So if your agreed wage was $10 per hour, they need not pay extra. If the agreement was $1.20 above minimum wage, then your agreement encompasses a raise.

Information is provided to assist the reader in forming questions and allow them to take full advantage of a consultation with the attorney of their choice. Schuck Law, LLC does not provide legal advice to individuals who have not signed a written fee agreement with the firm. The facts, which were not disclosed in the written question may change the advice, if any, that would be rendered by the attorneys at Schuck Law, LLC. For these and other reasons, Schuck Law, LLC is not responsible for any damages caused by the reader's use, mis-use, or interpretation of the information provided herein.