Race, Retaliation, Sex, Disability, harassment and Wrongful discharge for complaining.

Kansas City, MO |

I experience racial slur by one of the supervisor, Retaliation for complaining about discrimination to HR dept. and members of management for taking it to the EEOC for the employer refuse to document harassment complaints nor provide me corporate hr dept to escalate the situation at request, I was accused of harassing employees for I am the only male out of a group of 30 females in a class which lead to termination with out any investigation to whom file the complaint or what was taken offensive. I did not get the support for I am dyslexic and had to read out loud to the glass after explaining to supervisor my disability that lead for the class to laugh at me when pronouncing or stuttering on certain words, my supervisor still made me read out loud anyways.

The company also weaken me for complaining about not being paid wages for making mistakes on my paycheck for working 80hr in a bi-weekly pay scale and only being paid for 7hrs. This mistake happen 4 times for when terminated the company still owe's me for unpaid wages. I also have witnesses of other female employees who witness me being disciplined for false action as stated above., I was denied unemployment for my in employer gave i walk off the job. EEOC is involve to mediate or make a lawsuit for they believe discrimination happen which means I will need a lawyer to help with mediation for the employer is agree to resolved the issue, I don't want to accept a offer that a employment attorney would see that is worth more then what is being offered on the table....I want to provided some more details but this a on going cases for I half to be careful as you can understand until I find me a attorney that I am now looking for.

1. Please keep in mind that this recommendation is based on a limited number of facts provided in your question. Additional information may be required, and additional facts may change this recommendation. 

You should definitely talk to an attorney. You are correct in stating that the law protects people who complain about discrimination. The laws may be different depending on where the employer was located and where the decisions were made.

The foregoing are comments to a general question of law, and should in no way be interpreted as legal advice. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.

2. It sounds like a lot was going on here and there needs to be a discussion in greater detail regarding the particular facts in your case. Without more information it is not possible to give an opinion about this. The best advice would be to set an appointment with an attorney who specializes in employment law cases. Then after a thorough review of all of the facts, they can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Many attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. In contingency fee arrangements, there are no hourly fees. In some states attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case but in others there is a reasonable fee charged to compensate the attorney for their time and advice. I would suggest that you begin your search for an attorney on this Avvo website. There is a tab "Find A Lawyer" on the home page of Avvo at www.avvo.com that will help you find a lawyer in this practice area in your locale. Good luck!

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis.