Skip to main content

Quit deed

Oxnard, CA |

Hi I am about to sign my name on my dads house using a quit deed form. My dads first form has my dad and his pervious wife. Now he is married again and he wants toput her on my house with me. I dont trust her. How can I makesure the house cant get taking from me and my 4 little brothers. Oh and my dad doesnt want my liottle brother on the house because they are all from his his ex wife Im from his first wife. What can I do?

Attorney Answers 1


You want to keep a "life estate" for all those who you want to be able to live there for life. This is a more complex deed, and a more complex decision, than most and probably beyond Avvo. A general attorney with background in real estate and the basics of estate planning should be able to help at a reasonable cost. You can probably find one in the Find a Lawyer function at the bottom of this page.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics