Quit deed

Asked about 1 year ago - Oxnard, CA

Hi I am about to sign my name on my dads house using a quit deed form. My dads first form has my dad and his pervious wife. Now he is married again and he wants toput her on my house with me. I dont trust her. How can I makesure the house cant get taking from me and my 4 little brothers. Oh and my dad doesnt want my liottle brother on the house because they are all from his his ex wife Im from his first wife. What can I do?

1. Michael Charles Doland

2

Answered . You want to keep a "life estate" for all those who you want to be able to live there for life. This is a more complex deed, and a more complex decision, than most and probably beyond Avvo. A general attorney with background in real estate and the basics of estate planning should be able to help at a reasonable cost. You can probably find one in the Find a Lawyer function at the bottom of this page.