Questions regarding L2 to L1A conversion

Asked over 1 year ago - Indio, CA

I am working in one of the leading IT Company and have more than 10 years of experience. My spouse is also in the same company and got L1 visa recently. I am planning to go to US on L2 by taking leave. My company will not entertain me to work on L2. If my company files L1 for me

Q1) Can I file L1 A visa from US or Do I need to go to my home country and file for L1 Visa ?
Q2) if I can file visa from US, after getting the petition approval, do I need to go to my home country/ Canada/Mexico for stamping?
Q3) if I can file visa from US, after getting the petition approval, can I start working without going to any country for stamping

Requesting for responses please..

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . It is always best to enter with the correct visa instead of applying for a change of status.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

1

Answered . It is not advisable to seek change of status within 3 months of entry.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.