Skip to main content

Questions regarding deportation.

California |

I was convicted to domestic violence 3 years ago with enter of a guilty plea,(my first and only conviction) I have been a permanent resident of the US for 10 years. will I get deported for the conviction? I know this is a deportable offense, so If I get a NTA, do I need a lawyer at all? Is there any chance of stay?

Attorney Answers 1


Actually, you should get a copy of your file, and meet with a lawyer now. Rather than wait to see if an NTA arrives, you could be prepared. Have you been on probation? When does your probation end? It is not uncommon for an immigration hold at the final probation meeting. Was this a felony or misdemeanor? Were you advised of the consequences of a conviction as an LPR? This are all questions that could have a bearing on the outcome. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics