Questions involving domestic violence.

Bethesda, MD |

My husband has a criminal case for domestic violence pending. I have removed myself from our home and residing separately with my sister. I earn very less compared to him. But because I had better plans he was on my medical, cell phone plans. But because he has a no contact order from the court there is no way I am able to communicate with him about those bills which i can't afford to pay. he was financially responsible for his part. Can I drop him from my plans? there is seperation or divorce papers filed yet.

1. I am a CA attorney so I can not represent you in MD. You should schedule a free consultation with local MD family law attorneys and listen to their advice. Where it says practice area: put FAMILY LAW. This is not a criminal domestic violence issue but rather a family law issue(s). Pose this question again and you will receive many more responses. Good Luck. Hope this helps?

2. It is unclear whether you have a 2nd decree assault or a straight domestic violence petition pending. You need to hire an attorney who can act as a go between with your husband or his attorney. The Court can grant family maintenance in a DV case. There are too many issues and factors that you need to discuss with a family law attorney.

The answer to this question is general in nature and does not create an attorney client relationship.

3. Drop him. There is no law that says you have to keep your husband on your cell phone plan....