Questions involving domestic violence.

Asked 9 months ago - Bethesda, MD

My husband has a criminal case for domestic violence pending. I have removed myself from our home and residing separately with my sister. I earn very less compared to him. But because I had better plans he was on my medical, cell phone plans. But because he has a no contact order from the court there is no way I am able to communicate with him about those bills which i can't afford to pay. he was financially responsible for his part. Can I drop him from my plans? there is seperation or divorce papers filed yet.

1. Stuart H Grozbean

Pro

Answered . It is unclear whether you have a 2nd decree assault or a straight domestic violence petition pending. You need to hire an attorney who can act as a go between with your husband or his attorney. The Court can grant family maintenance in a DV case. There are too many issues and factors that you need to discuss with a family law attorney.

The answer to this question is general in nature and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  2. Daniel J Wright

Answered . Drop him. There is no law that says you have to keep your husband on your cell phone plan....

3. Peter John Marek

Answered . I am a CA attorney so I can not represent you in MD. You should schedule a free consultation with local MD family law attorneys and listen to their advice. Where it says practice area: put FAMILY LAW. This is not a criminal domestic violence issue but rather a family law issue(s). Pose this question again and you will receive many more responses. Good Luck. Hope this helps?