Questions about the I-130 Form

Asked over 1 year ago - Tucson, AZ

1) If my wife changes her name because of our marriage, the new name will be different from that in her passport. Which name to use?

2) C21 asks to give the last address at which we lived together From To; from the date of her arrival or from the date of our marriage?

3) I am going to send the paperwork to USCIS by certified mail. C22 asks the City and State of the USCIS Office where the papers are filed. What is the right answer to this question?

Thank you!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . 1. Use both or only her new name.

    2. "Last" means whichever event occurred last: did your marriage take place before her arrival in the US? If yes, put your present address.

    3. The question asks about the city and state in which wife will ultimately adjust status. Note that this mist be a city in which USCIS maintains a District Office. If you live in Tucson, AZ , then put that city, since USCIS does have a district office there & that's where wife's case will be ultimately processed.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . 1. Which name to use? Whichever she prefers. If CG will be in her married name, she will need to carry marriage certificate with her in foreign trips.
    2. "from to" applies to from date you moved in to date you changed address. If still there, write "present"
    3. The address to file the form is in the form's instructions.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . 1. Her new name.
    2. The last address you lived together. Period.
    3. The city you live in, if USCIS has an office in that city.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,964 answers this week

3,311 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,964 answers this week

3,311 attorneys answering