Questions about N-400

Hi I have a few questions in regards to filling out N-400 form 1. Me and my wife are married twice to each other because she wanted to change her last name to mine and it was faster and easier by getting married once again. My question is in Part 8 it asks if we were ever married before. The answer is yes (to each other) do I need to fill everything out? What date of marriage do I enter? It has a question how the marriage ended. what do I specify? 2. It asks for my wife's family name. That is her maiden name or the name she took after she married me? 3. Part 10 question 33. Please explain I do not understand it. Before I received my legal statues I was in the US illegally. Do I need to mark yes? 4. Part 7. I went on a cruise to Bermuda for a week. How to I calculate the days out of us?

Brooklyn, NY -

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Really it was faster to get divorced and then re-married? I think you may not be telling us everything here. I strongly suggest a consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss your case.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
Kristina A. Gasson

Kristina A. Gasson

Immigration Attorney - Medford, MA

It sounds like you need the help of an experienced immigration attorney to help you file your N-400 since you do not understand the instructions. These little questions on small details are the things that you don't need to worry about if you find an immigration attorney.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree with my colleagues.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.