Questions about filling I131 and N400

Asked over 1 year ago - Canton, NY

Hello,
I am planning to file I131 form (Travel documentation) as a permanent resident. It is because my husband might go to sebbatical for work for 6 to 2 years. It is a very big possibility but not certain yet. Can I still apply even if it is not certain yet? Does it require evidence document like plane tickets( other than my green card copy) or just plans about dates are Okey? What happens if I get the i131 and decide not to leave? I am also planning to apply N-400 since I have time until we leave. Do you think I might do the biometrics on same day? Would recommend me to apply at the same time? Do they effect each other for decision making? Thanks.(Sorry for a lot of questions at a time, you can answer whichever you prefer.)

1. Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

3

1

Answered . You can apply for both. I recommend that you become a US citizen because an I131 will not last you three years. The citizenship process is lasting 5 to 8 months as per the USCIS processing times. As a USC you won't have to worry about the length of your travel.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . You can certainly file both forms. The filing of both at the same time will not adversely affect either. If the I-131 is approved and you decide not to leave there is no problem. You cannot do biometrics the same day you file. After USICS gets your application they will schedule the biometrics. It may be better to naturalize first then join your husband.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

1

Answered . Yes, you can.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.