Questionable speeding ticket in Indiana

I got a speeding ticket at 8:17 on Oct. 30 for supposedly going 74 in a 55 zone, but I am positive that I was not going 74. This isn't me just claiming innocense-I was driving an Oldsmobile on fumes-I don't think I could have gone 74 if I tried. The officer didn't explain who she was or what I had done until she gave me the ticket. She didn't give me any chance to explain myself and ignored the fact that I was having a panic attack and couldn't breathe. I contacted the court about disputing the ticket and got the runaround. I am a 23 year old woman with a spotless record, and I had a passenger who witnessed everything. Do I have any options?

North Manchester, IN -

Danny James Weisenburger

Danny James Weisenburger

Criminal Defense Attorney - Ravenna, OH

Yes, you have options. Don't be intimidated. Start by going to www.nolo.com and checking out their self-help articles on defending speeding tickets. For under $20 they also have a do-it-yourself manual with a step-by-step approach to winning a speeding trial. Other sites can be found through the internet.

It is usually far too costly to hire an attorney, but the stuff from Nolo will allow you to do just as well. Good luck.

Dan J. Weisenburger
Attorney at Law

www.OhioCrimeLawyer.com

Related Advice