Question regarding Restraining Order Florida

Asked 11 months ago - Port Richey, FL

A year ago, assisting a male friend retrieving personal effects from female who became violent, kicked my car, scratched me. I took photos, applied for Order, told the court the incident. The order was dismissed because it did not occur over two separate occasions. One year later, this past weekend, same individual, verbal altercation, punched me in the eye. She went to the hospital, claimed I injured her hand, attacked her unprovoked, called the police, witness stated I was hit first. Police did not arrest me and left. Now, I am summoned to court for order of restrain. she cited last year as one, and this one as the second I attacked her. Drafting a letter to the court addressing her false allegations. What should I tell the court? Include photos from last year? Please advise.

1. Majid Vasigh

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Show up to court on the date listed, bring witnesses, and stick to the facts. Main point: you weren't arrested so there was no probable cause to believe any of this actually happened.

2. Eugene P. Castagliuolo

1

1

Answered . Your letter won't do the job, and in fact, will probably be ignored by the Judge as hearsay. Go to the hearing and tell your story. And if you can, bring your witnesses with you.