Question regarding malicious libel and determining damages

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I have a fairly decent case of malicious libel against myself and the company I work with as retribution. How are damages determined in these types of cases ?

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

6

1

Answered . I suggest you and the company you work for consult an attorney regarding the merits of your case before you start guessing as to damages. California has fairly strong anti-SLAPP legislation which may make you liable for the defendant's legal fees for instituting such an action.

2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

6

1

Answered . If you meet all the elements of defamation and you have damages, it would be a good start to talk to a Defamation lawyer. Your attorney will explain what is required and what can get you in the cross hairs of a SLAPP. Best of luck,

3. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Damages depend on how much your "character" was damaged. You may have lost wages as a result of this libel. You may have some serious emotional distress. You may be able to prove this. You may not be able to prove this, and lose thousands of dollars in costs during the process. Find a good attorney and listen to what they say. Good luck!

Pro

5

1

Answered . Question too vague to answer. Get a consultation with a local defamation lawyer