Question regarding Court Disposition Received today

Jersey City, NJ |

My charge was downgraded from Shoplifting to Town Ordinance. Today I received secaucus court disposition which has the original shoplifting offense with narratives and it says Amended Charge 94-1. Quick question: What is that code mean? And when an employer run my criminal background check, Will the original charge and narratives will be shown? Or just the downgraded offense?
In addition, I am filling an application for pharmacy technician license. The application is asking:"Have you ever been convicted of any crime?" Should I answer Yes or No according to my downgraded charge and court disposition?
Thank you so much.

1. I am guessing that the Amended Charge 94-1 refers to the ordinance of conviction.

I do not know what an employer will see. In part it will depend on how thorough the background check is. If they know how to read it, it will tell them that you were convicted of a town ordinance, not a crime.

Based on this conviction, alone, you have not been convicted of a crime.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.
    Thank you.

--- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin
    http://addbalance.com

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin http://addbalance.com Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police: http://addbalance.com/police.htm

2. Even shoplifting is not a "crime" in NJ it is a disorderly person's offense. So "no" seems ok for that question. But I think other language on the app. requires full disclosure. Anyway the citation is a municipal ordinace (town law). Only 2C (NJ criminal code) charges are entered on the CCH. So the 2C:20-11 shoplifting arrest is likely on there but the conviction for a MO is likely not. I have seen MOs on the CCH but it is very rare. You can expunge in 2 years.