Question on which form to complete, i-864 or i-134

Asked over 4 years ago - Middle Village, NY

My fiancee & I are in the process of preparing the forms for the interview at the US consulate in China. As the sponsor should I complete for I-864 and my future wire form I-134? Also where can we find a list of doctors located in Shanghai, China that are approved to give the physical exam required before the interview?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . For additional information please see:

  2. Avi Friedman

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . For a K-1 visa, the I-134 is the proper form.

    See the attached link regarding the medical exam.

    I recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney that is experienced with the Chinese post to prepare you and your fiancee for the K-1 visa interview. Feel free to contact our office to se if we can be of assistance.

    Avi Friedman| Attorney at Law | Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group | 1416 2nd Street | Santa Monica, CA 90401 | (T) 310-570-4088 x249 | (F) 310-570-4080 | | | Offices in Santa Monica, CA and New York City

    This message is provided for general informational use only and is not specific legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,686 answers this week

3,238 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,686 answers this week

3,238 attorneys answering