Question on Moving from L1A to H4 to H1B to ensure continuous stay in US

Asked over 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

Situation:
My L1-A I-94 has expired and the Extension is in RFE. My employer is gonna file RFE response.
Meanwhile, I have applied H1B through another employer. H1B is in processing. My plan is to change the employer from 1st Oct when H1B gets approved (hopefully).
Problem:
If the L1A extension is denied before 1st Oct, I will have to leave the country.
Plan:
Since my spouse is in H1B, I am planning to file H4 at the same time as filing L1A RFE response.This way, assuming H4 gets approved before L1A denial, I can still stay in the US.
Questions:
1) If I have H4 receipt but not approval and L1-A is denied, Can I stay in US?
2) If H4 gets approved before L1A and H1B decisions, Can I be on unpaid leave or should I resign the L1A job? I would prefer to keep L1A job till H1B approval
Thanks.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

8

2

Best Answer

Answered . 1. yes

2. You do not need to resign your L-1A job until a denial decision is issued.

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

7

Answered . My colleagues are correct. You have a lot of questions, not enough space to thoroughly answer each of them in this forum. I suggest that you meet with an experienced immigration attorney.

3. John Grayson Davidson

Pro

8

Answered . Why didn't you ask one of your two lawyers? What did they say?

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com