Question on Immigrating to UK, while trying to keep US citizenship.

If I want to become a legal citizen of England, (aka immigrate), can I keep my US citizenship? Am I allowed to immigrate and become a dual citizen, even if I don't have any decent in the country I want to become a secondary citizen of? And, If I do "immigrate" to the other country (from the US to the UK) is it possible to keep my US citizenship as well?

You can immigrate to UK and you are not running any chance of loosing you US citizenship, if you want to keep it.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

The US will not take away your citizenship if you become a UK Citizen unless you renounce your US Citizenship. Good Luck.

You will not lose your US citizenship by obtaining the citizenship of another country, especially so if by marriage.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.