Question on Immigrating to UK, while trying to keep US citizenship.

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

If I want to become a legal citizen of England, (aka immigrate), can I keep my US citizenship? Am I allowed to immigrate and become a dual citizen, even if I don't have any decent in the country I want to become a secondary citizen of? And, If I do "immigrate" to the other country (from the US to the UK) is it possible to keep my US citizenship as well?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . You can immigrate to UK and you are not running any chance of loosing you US citizenship, if you want to keep it.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . You will not lose your US citizenship by obtaining the citizenship of another country, especially so if by marriage.

3. Kira Gagarin

2

1

Answered . The US will not take away your citizenship if you become a UK Citizen unless you renounce your US Citizenship. Good Luck.