Question on court cost involving dui

Johnson City, TN |

I was recently in court for a DUI. The DA and state trooper admitted that the stop was bad by the state trooper. I plead to a reckless driving ticket which is being removed with diversion at end of probation of 6 months. (I blew a .16 and my attorney was scared to move forward and the state offered him this deal). I received my court cost today in the mail and I was charged $250 dollars for a "blood, alcohol, urine testing. " Since I wasn't convicted of a DUI but instead a reckless driving, should I still be charged for the testing ? Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying your location. Try calling the court clerk to discuss the costs. However, if you had an attorney you should contact them to discuss. If you want to locate one in your area here on AVVO you can select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

This is usually normal as a trade-off. You pay the Court costs, if there is a limited but weak basis for the charge, and the case gets dismissed or diverted. It's a compromise. These are costs, not fines--it's a reimbursement. Be Careful out there. Good Luck.

The answers to questions provided in response to the request for assistance are general in nature, and reflect information which is primarily based upon general legal principals, and may additionally reflect Ohio principles of legal practice, as this is the primary location of this Attorney's practice. As with any legal advice, the advise is general in character, and should not be put into practice without specifically consulting your local counsel, who will possess far more insight into the applicable standards and laws of your specific State, your case's specific issues and the local Rules of Court and practices of the specific jurisdiction your legal action is governed by. You are specifically instructed : Do not proceed without first discussing this matter with your own local Attorney. This Office does not provide free legal advice by telephone. A 15 Minute Consultation can be obtained at no cost for certain types of legal cases, but to obtain same, an Office appointment is required. Provision of the answers to general questions does not constitute an act of representation, and the Attorney shall not be deemed to accept employment based upon the responses contained herein. The reader is advised that they utilize the general suggestions contained in the responses at their own risk, and under no circumstances should they disregard the advise of their present local legal counsel based upon any suggestions or opinions contained herein. Also, the bast method to discuss a case with an attorney is to do so directly, by scheduling a formal consultation in their office, bringing with you at the time of the meeting all of your relevant paperwork, including any contratcs, any Orders from Court, decrees, complaints, pleadings, etc., and any other relevant information for the attorney to review. General information via the internet is no substitute for an actual meeting with an attorney. The advice provided on line in response to the limited information is provided without charge. It is also provided without the benefit of face to face discussions, so before you act--consult an attorney in person.

In Washington there is a BAC(breath test) fee. If the defense attorney and prosecuting attorney reach an agreement, the fee is almost always part of the agreement even when charges are reduced. I concur that you should contact your attorney

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets