Question is, What is the next step after i send my new passport to the us consulate who handle and approved my interview?

Marysville, WA |

I had been aprroved by my us consulate interview last Jan10 of the interviewing officer for my I130 visa, but the thing is they request me to send them my new passport beacuse my old passport had only 2mos validity left. But After i send my new passport to them i didn't get any response from them, i dont know what is the next step i should do? And How long should i need to wait.

1. Contact the US Consulate in question and ask them these questions.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Did you try asking the consulate? The next step is you get the passport in the mail usually but how long it takes varies on the consulate and the case. Call or email them and ask for a timeframe.

Due to the nature of this forum, Attorney Maria J. Marty does not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, her responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

3. You should wait for sometime. If you don't receive any notification from them, you can call or write to the consulate. How did you send your passport to the Consulate? Do you have mailing receipt confirmation?

Contact an immigration attorney for consultation to give you a detailed advice.

http://www.myh1bgc.com

4. They will return the passport to you with the visa packet. Did you provide a DHL label for them? Regular mail can be risky in some countries. You should contact the consulate to find out if they've already sent it but you didn't get it. It dies also drpend on the consulate a lot.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.