Skip to main content

Question For Immigration Lawyers

Dallas, TX |

Hi ,

I am a new immigrant coming for the first time to USA , what about if my answer for question number 4 at I-94 "U.S Street Address (Hotel name/Destination)" which I am going to complete at airplane is my friend address while I have booked a hotel online before going to the USA and going to stay at that hotel ? Can this consider as laying ? and effect my citizenship process ?

I don't like to add my hotel address since I prefer my Green card to be send at my friend address , my friend address is the address which I wrote at DS-230 form as an answer for question No 10 (Permanent address in USA where you intend to live ) & question NO 11 (Address in the USA where you want your PR Card mailed)

I am planing to update my address record at USCIS after renting a home within ten days

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You may honestly list your address on your arriving I-94 form however all correspondence will be arriving to the address you indicated on your DS-230 when you will be receiving your card.
    That would be perfectly appropriate.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

  2. It all depends on the reasons for which you got your immigrant visa.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

  3. You can use your friend's address if you are going to stay there.

    Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics