QUESTION:CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK OFF THE DEAL THEY NEVER GAVE ME COPIES OF THE CONTRACT I SIGNED!!!

Houston, TX |

I PUT $2,000 DOWN ON A CAR & I LEFT IN THE CAR & I HAD UNTIL 3/25/2013 TO BRING IN $500 MORE FOR A TOTAL OF $2,500!!! THIS WAS ON THE 9TH LAST SAT. THEY TOLD ME WHEN I SIGNED EVERYTHING WAS APPROVE. WELL ON TUE.3/12/2013 THE BANK CALLED MY JOB TO VERIFY EMPLOYMENT. THEN ON WED.3/13/13 THE DANIEL FROM THE DEALERSHIP CALLED & SAID HE WAS WAITING FOR ME TO BRING A 40HR PAY CHECK STUB. I TOLD HIM NO NO ONE EVER TOLD ME TO BRING THAT & I GAVE THEM ALL OF MY MOST RECENT CHECK STUBS PLUS THEY GOT COPIES OF MY W-2 FORMS FOR BOTH OF MY JOBS! WELL ON YESTERDAY I WENT BACK & TOLD THEM I WANTED TO RETURN THE CAR & GET MY DOWN PAYMENT BACK! THEY TOOK THE CAR & SAID NO YOUR NOT GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK!!! PLUS THEY WANTED ME TO SIGN FOR ANOTHER SMALLER CAR FOR 7YRS. QUESTION:CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK OFF THE DEAL THEY NEVER GAVE ME COPIES OF THE CONTRACT I SIGNED!!!

1. You are protected by the Texas Deceptive Trade PRactices Act. First think you should do is ask to speak to the highest person of authority so that you can get a copy of what you signed. Next, send a letter demanding the return of your money and saying that you intend to bring claims under the DTPA. There is a laundry list of grievances for your DTPA claim. The office of attorney general has great information on this type of claim. www.oag.state.tx.us/agency/weeklyag/2009/1109deceptivetrade.pdf File in small claims court.

Lemon law topics