Question about Unfair dismissal

Asked over 2 years ago - Logan, OH

I and another person, has been employed by a company for many years as a cordinator, The company has changed alot of stuff one was our position, or the name of the position, they had told us there wouldnt be anymore cordinators, on the paper work it still list cordinators name, with another persons name on it. They offered us another position, that they knew that we couldnt do, due to health issues, they never offered us the position that they was suppose to change, one person recievced a letter stating that she was terminated because she refused the other position, and also saying that she resigned, is this legal? please help it has took a toll on our wages

1. Lori Ann Strobl

1

Answered . The facts of your case are somewhat confusing, but it seems like there may be some discrimination based on disability here. Were you employers aware of these health issues or should they have reasonably been aware? It could also be a matter of age discrimination, depending on your age, the age of your co-worker who was terminated, and the age of the person who filled the Coordinator position.

I would suggest that you speak with an employment attorney who can go over the specific facts of your case and decide what, if any, legal recourse you may have.

Lori A. Strobl
    Strobl & Associates, Co. LPA
    1015 E. Centerville Station Road
    Centerville, Ohio 45459
    (937) 496-1450
    www.strobllaw.com

2. Michael Garth Moore

Pro

Answered . I agree that there isn't enough detail here to allow in informed response. Your questions suggest possible age discrimination, and also possible disability discrimination issues. If the company employs more than 15 employees, and the adverse actions taken within the last 180 days, it would be good for you to contact the Cleveland Field Office of the EEOC and www.eeoc.gov. The agency investigator can assist you in putting the case in a form in which you can learn if you have a case, and if the claim is strong, the agency will pursue it at no cost to you.